The Bachelorette is a spin-off of the American competitive reality dating game show, The Bachelor. In its January 2003 debut on ABC, the first season featured Trista Rehn, the runner-up date from the first season of The Bachelor, offering the opportunity for Rehn to choose a husband among 25 bachelors. The 2004 season of The Bachelorette again took a runner-up from the previous season of The Bachelor. After last airing on February 28, 2005, the series returned to ABC during the spring of 2008, following an absence of three years. 
- Season 1 (2003)
- Trista Rehn, the runner-up of the first season of The Bachelor, selected Ryan Sutter and the season’s finale broadcast was one of the most-watched programs in the history of reality television. They got married and have two children together.
- Season 2 (2004)
- Meredith Phillips, who was let go of by bachelor Bob Guiney in season 4 of The Bachelor, chose Ian Mckee. However, they ended their relationship in February 2005.
- Season 3 (2005)
- Jennifer Schefft, selected by Andrew Firestone in season three of The Bachelor, got a second chance at love, after her relationship with Firestone ended, in The Bachelorette’s third season. She chose Jerry Ferris, an art gallery director, over fellow finalist John Paul Merritt in a first live final rose ceremony. During this last episode, Jerry proposed to Jen. She rejected his proposal, however, stating that the chemistry was not there. Schefft went on to find love away from reality TV, marrying Chicago public relations executive Joe Waterman in May 2009. The couple is expecting their first child, a girl, in November 2010.
- Season 4 (2008)
- DeAnna Pappas, who first appeared in season eleven of The Bachelor, but was yet rejected by bachelor Brad Womack, chose Jesse Csincsak over Jason Mesnick. They were set to wed on May 9, 2009 but the couple announced their break-up in November 2008. On season 13 of The Bachelor which featured Jason Mesnick as a single father looking for a second chance at love, Pappas made a surprise return.
- Season 5 (2009)
- Jillian Harris, who was rejected by bachelor Jason Mesnick in season 13 of The Bachelor, was the fifth bachelorette. She is also the first bachelorette from Canada. The fifth season premiered on May 18, 2009. On the season finale, Jillian received a proposal from Ed Swiderski. A supplement to the finale, “After The Final Rose”, aired on Tuesday, July 28. However, they ended their relationship in July 2010. Contestant Jake Pavelka was chosen to be the next “Bachelor“.
- Season 6 (2010)
- Ali Fedotowsky, who walked away from bachelor Jake Pavelka, was the sixth bachelorette. The season premiered on May 24, 2010. Ali, who let contestant Chris Lambton go the day before the Final Rose Ceremony, chose Roberto Martinez in the finale, and the couple remains together.
|Season||Bachelorette||Occupation||“Winner”||Runner-Up||Proposal||Status of Relationship|
|1||Trista Rehn||physical therapist||Ryan Sutter||Charlie Maher||Yes||They were married in December 2003. They remain together and have two children.|
|2||Meredith Phillips||makeup artist||Ian Mckee||Matthew Hickl||Yes||They were engaged at the end of the show but ended their relationship in February 2005.|
|3||Jennifer Schefft||publicist||–||Jerry Ferris and John Paul Merritt||No||She rejected all bachelors.|
|4||DeAnna Pappas||Bar Tender||Jesse Csincsak||Jason Mesnick||Yes||Their wedding was set for May 9, 2009, but they broke up in November 2008. Runner-up Jason Mesnick was featured on the 13th season of The Bachelor.|
|5||Jillian Harris||interior designer||Ed Swiderski||Kiptyn Locke||Yes||In July 2010, it was announced that the two had broken up. Contestant Jake Pavelka was featured on the 14th season of The Bachelor. Runner-up Locke, along with finalists Juan Barbieri, Wes Hayden, Jesse Kovacs and David Good, became contestants on the first season of Bachelor Pad.|
|6||Ali Fedotowsky||advertising account manager||Roberto Martinez||Chris Lambton||Yes||Planning their wedding. Finalists Jonathan Novack, Craig McKinnon and Jesse Beck became contestants on the first season of Bachelor Pad.|